Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2nd Assignment [Illustration] - The Steps

Here are the steps of my illustration:











-First, I drew a tree trunk with pen tool












-Coloring the tree with a green color and added some shader effect by creating any uneven objects, blacken it and make it 20-43% of it opacity.














-To create the tree's leaves, I used Pen Tool. Colored it and added some shader (just like the previous step).
















- To make a ground, I used 'Rectangle Tool' to create a rectangle and colored it green. Using a 'Warp Tool', I've created the grassy looking ground by moving the points into some kind of bumpy line.









- For a cartoony boy, I used 'Pen Tool' and 'Brush Tool' to draw him. If I want to fix a wavy outline, I can use 'Warp Tool' or by moving a point so it will look smooth. For the girl, I completely copied the entity of the boy and pasted her beside of him. Then, I just draw the girl's hair, replaced it with boy's hair and fix the line so it will look like a girl. For the shadows, I used 'Eclipse Tool' to create two circles and compressed it until its look flat. The shadows have been placed on the ground where the humans are standing and the opacity has been changed to 40% with black in color.























-For the background, I have created a blue sky with some clouds. I used 'Pen Tool' to make the clouds, applied the white color and changed the opacity around 42 - 60% on each of the cloud. I created it in a different layer and changed it to a back layer. Now, the subjects will be in front of the background layer.






- Finally, before I finished my work, I need to arrange the layers, so they are in the correct position. Also, I need to check the line, color or anything that I feel inappropriate, so I won't do any mistake.

No comments: